As a Health and Nutrition Coach working with families who have kids with Autism and ADHD (and the mum of an ASD boy myself), I know the power of making dietary changes.
I specialize in helping families living with Autism Spectrum Disorders understand the impact of food on their child’s health and behaviour.
I work best with Australian mothers who have children with autism and are wanting to improve their family’s health and happiness.
My clients trust me because my own family has overcome the challenge of having a severely autistic child who ate only 5 foods. I implemented dietary and biomedical interventions which led to his recovery and changed our family’s life. I then studied to become qualified in Holistic nutrition. Over the past 10 years I’ve helped hundreds of other families to achieve great improvements in their family’s happiness and wellbeing.
My clients come to me because they are concerned about their child’s eating, sleeping and behavioural challenges. They understand that dietary changes can help autism but don’t know what foods they should and shouldn’t eat and how to make changes to their diet . To solve these problems, I offer nutritional advice and practical support.
I’m on a mission to transform the lives of families living with Autism. I KNOW that dietary changes can have a significant impact and I believe that all children should have the chance to experience better health and happiness.
I have a reputation for leaving my clients feeling like they finally have peace, harmony and happiness in their family.
We can achieve significant improvements in behaviour and concentration when we remove additives, colours, preservatives and sometimes even salicylates (naturally occurring chemicals found in many fruits and veggies)
But even after making all those changes (which are not easy!) I still see kids struggling with issues like sleep, anxiety and concentration.
And that’s where I’ve found Essential Oils to be the perfect solution.
Not only are they extremely effective, they are super cost effective (literally cents per dose) AND they are so easy to use – simply diffuse or roll on.
Kids love them and are very responsive to them.
If you have kids in your house, I bet you are discovering the powerful ways in which oils can support a healthy lifestyle.
Perhaps you’re a little nervous to use oils on your kids; maybe you’re not sure if they’re entirely safe for the younger set.
Well, as a scientist who has studied essential oils for more than 15 years and as a mama to four amazing kids, let me tell you that doTERRA’s products can be wonderful for children.
We enjoy them daily in our house. If these products are used with care and common sense, you can safely reap all the benefits they have to offer.
If you are nervous about using essential oils on the younger set, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Essential oils are not novel. While it may seem like essential oils are just the latest and greatest thing, they’ve actually been used by humans for millennia. Essential oils contain constituents that will be recognized by our body systems and handled appropriately. Rest assured that if you use essential oils on your children, you’re not inventing the wheel.
2. Kids are not tiny adults. Remember that oils are potent, and you only need a very small amount to achieve efficacy, especially when it comes to children. A little bit goes a very long way. Adjust amounts accordingly. See Recommended Ideal Amounts.
3. Dilute. Kids’ skin is different from adult skin; it’s thinner and generally more sensitive. Even though most oils tend to be non-irritating on the skin (especially on the bottom of the feet, where the skin is thickest), it’s a great idea to dilute essential oil in a good carrier oil before applying to children. You’ll still get the same benefits of the essential oil—you’re just adding extra moisture and pampering delicate child skin. The diluted products are great for this, by the way. They’re our favorites for on the go!
4. Diffuse. Aromatherapy is an excellent way to enjoy the benefits of essential oil without the worry of skin reactions. Inhaled oils have long been studied for their ability to enhance feelings of relaxation, encouragement, excitement, focus, and well-being. Additionally, diffused oils may support a healthier indoor environment. That’s always a bonus when you’ve got a houseful of kids.
5. Oils FOR kids, not BY kids. The labels on the oil bottles remind us to keep them out of reach of children. Kids won’t understand the potency of the essential oils—they only know that these lovely liquids smell divine, and may go overboard in using them. Adults, not children, should always be doing the oil applications, and judiciously at that.
6. Be informed. There is mountains of information about safe usage of essential oils on their websites. There’s an entire team of support staff who answer questions about essential oils and products. And don’t be afraid to chat about oil usage with your family doctor or pediatrician—medical professionals like having a holistic picture of their patients’ health situation, and they have access to other medical literature that can help guide your decisions.
Yes, we live with essential oils in my house. It’s fun to see my children starting to understand which oils might be good in various situations and asking for them as needed. They’re learning to be cognizant of their own health while actively looking for natural ways to support well-being. I love it!
I hope this gives you some insight into the areas of my expertise & I look forward to seeing you at LOLs Mum morning tea and letting you experience a few of my favourite essential oil blends.
PS they are great for Mums too – for stress, hormones, sleep, even libido